Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Dreaded Pink Eye Oh My!


Aye…The Dreaded Pink Eye…Why

As I sit here and sigh

Why oh why

Will I die?

The dreaded pink eye

Maybe some lye

In the eye

Would stop my sighs

As I cry

Oh, my eyes feel so dry

From the dreaded pink eye


Copyright 2008 Jill Jenkins

----------

Conjunctivitis - "Pink Eye" An eye with viral conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis (commonly called "pinkeye" or bloodshot eyes in the USA and "Madras Eye" in India) is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (the outermost layer of the eye and the inner surface of the eyelids), most commonly due to an allergic reaction or an infection (usually bacterial or viral).
Blepharoconjunctivitis is the combination of conjunctivitis with blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids).
Keratoconjunctivitis is the combination of conjunctivitis and keratitis (corneal inflammation).
Episcleritis is an inflammatory condition that produces a similar appearance to conjunctivitis, but without discharge or tearing.
--------------

2007 Recepient of "The Editor's Choice" award from poetry.com

To my inspiration, my daughter।

No comments: